Sunday, November 29, 2015

We're back! life news

It has been a ridiculously long time since I've posted, and I miss these updates. With the usual hustle and bustle of life in the summer, working part time, Will traveling, and Norah being go-go-go, there just hasn't been time to blog. While I'm still working my Rodan+Fields business, I had my last day at my part time project a couple of weeks ago, so I'm hoping to have more time to post. I'm honestly not too sad to see that chapter of life close. I genuinely thought I'd enjoy the part time, work from home role, and while for the most part I did, it was just too much on my plate. N only naps once a day now, and the naps were rarely long enough for me to get much work done. I'm glad I gave it a shot but am definitely ready to have that weight off my shoulders. I've said it once I'll say it again, to all the single parents or parents who run business from home while taking care of kiddos- I have no idea how you do it!



What else have we been up to the past couple of months?

We sold our house! I blogged about the process of buying our first home a couple of years ago, and boy have we loved living here. The neighbors and friendships we've formed are irreplaceable. This is the home we lived in when I found out we'd have our first child, definitely our biggest milestone yet. We brought Norah home from the hospital to this home. We've hosted several parties and showers. It's been great. I have however felt very overwhelmed by the size, and honestly think it was a little too big for our first home. We're not living in a mansion by any means, but with the majority of the days consisting of just me and a toddler, it's just so much to clean and maintain. Not to mention the yard work. We also kind of fell in love with another community a few miles away. After much deliberation, we decided to list our house and see what happened, and it sold in six days! We couldn't believe it. We'll close in January and are currently on the hunt for our new home. The search has been emotional, but I think we're closing in on something. The community we're headed to has much older homes so we'll likely be doing some renovations, which I cannot wait to post about. It's also walkable and I am so excited to be able to pop out the door with the stroller and hit up Starbucks, the library, park, etc. Here's to new adventures.



Norah has been growing, learning, and taking over our hearts more each day. This girl knows what she wants, and communicates it with either words or directing you throughout the house until you figure out what she wants to do, eat, etc. She is becoming so sweet and such a little person. It's truly a joy to watch. She never sits still and is always exploring, which is also fun to watch. That said, the learning and growing comes with stubbornness and tantrums too, so by bed time, I'm generally feeling like I got hit by a bus. No matter how tough I still feel I have the greatest job on earth. Some of Norah's current favorites are Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, drinking out of real cups with straws, not eating our food unless it's fruit or yogurt, shoes, Little People toys, and the park.


We had an awesome Thanksgiving with family that was the perfect relaxing but fun kick off to the holiday season. Unfortunately for us Dad has a ridiculously crazy month at work in December, but we still have a ton of family Christmas activities planned we hope to squeeze in.

Happy to be back and catch up with all my favorite blogs! I've met some of the most amazing friends via this little page and don't want to let it slip away.
Allison said...

So glad you're back to posting life updates. :) I'm sorry I've been MIA from playgroup, it's been crazy around here! Congratulations on selling your house so quickly!! Can't wait to hear about your (maybe) house!! Hope to see you soon.

© g squared. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.