Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Kitchen Renovation: The After

Disclaimer: I am terrible at taking pictures, but you'll get the idea.

The after! I am so, so happy with the way this kitchen turned out. Lets get to some details. I linked as many things as I could remember throughout the post. Before post HERE, and during post HERE.

I mentioned previously I would consider changing two things if I could go back in time. One is the depth of our farm sink. I wish it was deeper so it met the cabinets underneath, rather than there being several inches of space between the cabinets and the sink. We also could have just made those cabinets higher, as they were custom. That was a miscommunication between myself and the builder.

Our dishwasher is Bosch, and we love it. I especially like that it has a red light that shines on the floor when it is running, and that there's no obvious handle or buttons for little fingers and hands to be tempted by. The pendant light above the sink is from Shades of Light. The faucet and sink are Kohler. Our floors are an engineered hardwood, and they look great, along with being very appropriate for a house with dogs who ruin everything. Our countertops are quartz, and the backsplash is a Bianco Carrara marble tile.


The paint color is Sea Salt by Sherwin Williams. 


The eat in area light fixture is also from shades of light. I love how this little nook turned out. Norah loves eating there and looking out the window at the squirrels and birds.


Open shelving from Ballard Designs. I think this really adds to the room, and provides much needed storage.



Our cabinet knobs are from Amazon and the drawer pulls are from Restoration Hardware. Artwork by Norah ;)


Lets talk about this refrigerator. It is a GE Cafe series, and has a built in Keurig. You heard that right. All products I am mentioning are linked, but I recommend specifically checking this link out to see how amazing it is. It also lets you "brew" hot water for tea, cooking, etc. This has been a huge space saver for us on the countertops, as our Keurig was huge.



Our microwave and range are also Bosch. The other thing I might change is how high our microwave is. Not sure how it rounded out to be this high, but people always comment on it. Will is 6'2 and I am 5'11, so it doesn't bother us. But it might be an issue for a smaller person. I like these appliances too, but it drives me slightly insane that the microwave makes such a loud closing sound when you shut it. This is probably just me being paranoid because there's always a sleeping kiddo somewhere in the house.


 



And that's about it! Happy to answer any questions if you've got them. 

SaveSave
Kaity B. said...

Beautiful!!!! I'm so obsessed with peeking at other people's home renovations so thank you for sharing. On a side note, who the heck paints their kitchen purple?! Lol

Erin LFF said...

I absolutely LOVE it!!! Your choices are fantastic- I am especially in love with your backsplash! And I'm 1000% drooling over that fridge- omg girl!

© g squared. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.