Wednesday, July 8, 2015

tied score

Written last night, around 8:00pm…

I'm just going to say it. I kicked today's ass, and it feels good! Norah slept through the night last night, which is still few and far between, so that got the day started on a pretty awesome foot. Even if it was 6:00am when she woke up. #smallvictories.

All three of us were up and at 'em getting ready for the day pretty early, so I decided to take N for a morning walk before it got too hot out. It was still ridiculously humid, but not too uncomfortable. We saw some neighbors outside and had a quick chat before coming in for breakfast and the rest of the morning usuals. Like rubbing bananas all over our face and hair.


After her nap I was already feeling a little bored/stir crazy, so we headed to Recreation Outlet to play. This place is just a few minutes from our house, and while most of the things there are geared toward bigger kids, they do have baby swings and a few play houses and other things for little kids. I was most looking forward to the padded flooring and kid friendly atmosphere. It's great to let N rip around somewhere knowing a) I don't have to worry about her trashing the house and b) she isn't going to bust her head open on anything. Lots of blurry pics here but the iPhone on the go was all I had to capture our fun adventure. I REALLY need to just keep my good camera in my purse.




We came home for lunch and a nap, then headed out for some groceries. This child hates the carseat and grocery cart after about 6 minutes, but luckily both trips went smoothly. Then I still managed to clean the kitchen, clean the floors, make a healthy dinner, give N a bath, and put her to bed. Oh AND I snuck in 2.5 hours of work.


I think she's had enough pictures for the day.

But PRAISE THE LORD. That is all I can say. I'm crazy exhausted, but I feel like today was one of those days I imagined before I had kids. Fun, productive, a little crazy, and leaves you with a feeling of "this is the good stuff" when your head finally hits the pillow at night.

Written this morning at 9:30am…

Just as I finished the above paragraph Norah started screaming bloody murder. I try the letting her cry. The patting the back. All that crap. Doesn't work on this kid. I even gave laying in the crib with her a go. I escaped after a while, only to start the whole thing over again 30 minutes later. Sigh. I hope she sleeps through the night consistently before she's 27.


Yup, that's me in the crib.

Even though I still feel like I kicked yesterday's butt, yesterday night kicked mine. But that is parenthood, right?
© g squared. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.