Monday, August 19, 2013

Is it Monday already?

No matter how often Monday's come, I never hate them any less. Ugh. Another great weekend has come and gone in the G household, and another crazy work week is in the works.


My attitude every Monday of my entire life.

Our Friday night was pretty low key. I was exhausted from the work week and not feeling the best, so we just did some snacking and DVR watching. The rest of the weekend was much more exciting. Saturday we did some things around the house, then headed Downtown to shop at City Flea and have lunch at Bakersfield. It was the perfect afternoon to spend outside, I stumbled on a ton of unique/perfect for us flea market goodies, and as always the tacos, queso, and margaritas at Bakersfield were perfection. My pictures do not do them justice. If you live in Cincinnati and have't experienced this place, go NOW.




 I also squeezed in a few drinks with my best friends, then Will and I went to a local church festival and grilled out for dinner. The church holding the festival was one we've considered joining, and where our kids may one day go to school, so I'm sure this will be the first of many Seaton Fests to come.

Sunday morning we took a walk then spent a couple hours at Macy's. Originally, we'd registered for fine china. Three months, 5 place settings, and a few pieces of silver later, we headed straight for returns. Our china is beautiful, but it's just not practical for us right now. We decided to keep two sets to still use on special occasions, and may complete the set later. I'm pretty happy with that decision considering we walked out with bags full of more useful kitchen gadgets.

That about wraps it up! I did a lot of thinking this weekend, thoughts that could probably take up ten separate posts, so I'll summarize. I feel so, so blessed. My life has been no cake walk, but it has been more than I could have ever asked for or imagined. I think I've experienced just enough hardship to make all of the awesomeness we're experiencing right now just that much sweeter. I've failed just enough times to really revel in the successes we've had in our dream wedding and new home and busy careers. Here's to hard work paying off, a little (ok probably a lot) of luck, and all of God's blessings.

Happy Monday!

PS- Thanks to Aubrey for my new adorable blog design :)


© g squared. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.