Monday, August 5, 2013

Sister Week Recap

There is no one word that I can think of to describe how happy the past week has made me. There were a few struggles with having a house full, trying to still help out at work, and hubs being extremely busy at work- but for the most part, it was a a dreamilly perfect 7-8 days.

Most of my family is dispersed all over the country, and I've talked before about spending my teenage years living five hours away from my Mom and sisters. So when we get together, it's all I can do not to run screaming through the streets how happy I am. This trip was no different. The sibs and I had a fun filled weekend of shopping, eating, baking, swimming, amusement-parking, visiting family, and all sorts of other fun.

What makes all of this even more exciting is how much my girls just love Will and his family. And how much all of my in-laws love them back! They really treat them like part of the family, and it's kind like it's all meant to be ;) I really got lucky in the in-law department!

Here are a few pics to recap our fabulous week. If you follow me on Instagram, some of these may be a repeat.

I for one was shocked but excited that the fall beers are already out. Bring on the fall!



Last year was my first time at Homerama, and this year we brought the girls. Many great decorating ideas were noted.


Waiting in line at King's Island. I forgot how annoying that is! Luckily the park wasn't too crowded. 


The house across the street is making some serious progress. 


I made a quiche! And naturally forgot to take an after photo. I used the Pioneer Woman's recipe for Cowboy Quiche, found here. I added some green peppers and it was delish. This recipe actually ended up being enough for two quiches, so I froze one. Cooking once for two meals = win.


Here's the pic Ree posted along with the recipe on her site.


It was a wonderful week, and I wish they could have stayed another. Sadly, PTO is hard to come by, and I am deathly afraid of all of the emails that are undoubtedly awaiting me when I go back to the office Monday. The fun didn't stop when I met my Mom to get the girls home Saturday morning. I made the trip home just in time to celebrate the marriage of two more of our wonderful friends! They had a Skyline bar with personalized bibs, and these foamy glow stick thingies for all the guests. Definitely one of the best receptions I've been to. This was our 4th wedding of 2013. 2 more to go before we're done for the year. I love this time in our lives and getting to be a part of so much happiness and celebration.



Weird quality, but I guess that's what happens when you practice photography via iPhone. 

Speaking of weddings, two of our other good friends god married a couple of months ago, and had THE most amazing photographer. You can see her work here. It's pretty flawless. This picture has zero to do with my week, but I love it so much I thought I'd throw it in.


Linking up with Sami.


Happy Monday!
Katie said...

Yay!! I'm glad you had a great stay-cation! I just saw this weekend that the lot right beside of us sold...eek!! Only took 2 years. I cannot wait to see who we will have for neighbors!

Lovelyladyjb said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I know when me and my sisters get together its sooo fun!!

new follower :)

jamiedawn said...

that first photo of seeing the word OCTOBER is getting me so excited! i am beyond ready for fall it's not even funny! aaaand now i want skyline. oy.

© g squared. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.