Sunday, September 1, 2013

life lately

So, it's been a week! Apparently life has been busy around here. As always, work is crazy busy, there's plenty to do around the house, and plenty of friends and family to hang out with. This weekend is birthdays, then next weekend I have a baby shower to attend Saturday afternoon, then we'll be off to a wedding that evening. I seriously love this time of our lives. So much to celebrate.


One of my friends sent me this, and it is so, so true. I just about died when N'SYNC appeared on the VMA's. I was always on their team back in the BSB vs N'SYNC rivalry days. Even though clearly a few of them have lost some stamina, it still made my day.


Friday we had a riveting evening perusing the aisles of Home Depot and Kroger. Then we met up with some neighbors to play Cards Against Humanity. Will and I decided we definitely need to get the game for our house. It was hysterical, and I actually won. I NEVER win board games, so it was pretty exciting.


Saturday we got up bright and early to tailgate for the Cincinnati vs Purdue game. We blew them out of the water, and we got to see some family and friends, so it was a good day in my book. I could have gone without the BILLION degree temperatures, but it is what it is.

We were so worn out from the game, last night and this morning have been pretty low key. I am SO excited to still have a day and a half off work. We plan to do some more relaxing, and I'm trying this recipe (just the grilled chicken part). Happy Labor Day weekend people. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I am mine!
Laura Darling said...

Sounds like such a good weekend! That card game sounds like fun! And yay for college football returning! :)

© g squared. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.