Tuesday, June 17, 2014

what. a. day.

What a freaking Monday.

I started out the day just like everybody wants to start out their Monday- being woken up around 2am and then again around 4:30 am to let their dogs outside. I’m not complaining, since generally their solution to the middle of the night potty break is to just pee on my carpets. Seriously- why do house trained dogs randomly do this? SO ANNOYING. Anyway, after a night of on and off, frequently interrupted sleep, I managed to get up for the day around 7:15- about 20 minutes later than I should get out of bed. Luckily I still managed to squeeze in enough time to make smoothies for breakfast for Will and I, and there was basically no traffic on the way to work, which never happens. So I thought the day was looking up.

Work was crazy and hectic, but it always is so nothing new there. The stress of the day to day is really starting to wear on me, but at least it makes the time go fast. I (foolishly) decided to try and be super productive by working late, then going to Kroger to get some groceries. It seemed like a good decision, escp since I picked up some bakery sugar cookies that I couldn't find the last time I was there… until I dropped my phone. The screen shattered into a billion pieces, and I am not part of the cracked screen iPhone club. Sigh. I think I have insurance, so I am trying not to register any hatred toward this mistake just yet.

I had the brilliant idea to make some pasta salad, zuppa toscana, and spinach lasagna roll ups to get us through the next couple of dinners and lunches, and maybe freeze. This turned out wonderfully, except now my kitchen is a disaster and I didn't finish cooking until 9:30. WELL past my “sit down and rest” time.

On the plus side, the new entry way table I FINALLY ordered after MONTHS of deliberation came, and I cannot wait to have Will put it together.

Also on the plus side, Norah has been moving a mile a minute (which is super fun and cheers me up), I’m just a week and a half away from a doctors appt, and I have both my showers and pregnancy massage to look forward to this weekend. And most wonderfully I took off work on Friday for my birthday, so bring on the three day weekend. Oh yea, I turn 26 in just a few days. Funny how the older you get, the less birthdays seem exciting.


Between all the ups and downs, my Monday basically evened out. Here’s to a less eventful Tuesday! The dogs already had their month;y "accident" this morning, so it can only go up from here, right?
Kayla MKOY said...

Mondays can be such a dud -- but they don't have to be :) i'm glad you added some positive things there at the end...rock the rest of this week girl!!! ;) you got it!

Allison said...

Sorry your Monday was so crazy, but I can totally relate with the baby kicks making a crazy day so much better. Such an amazing feeling!!! :) Happy Birthday TODAY! We are almost birthday twins...mine is tomorrow! Hope you enjoy your showers and especially your pregnancy massage! Where are you getting yours?!

© g squared. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.