Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Pregnancy Update: 28 Weeks

Picture coming soon!

How far Along: 28 weeks. Hello 7 months, and third trimester. It is so surreal being in the final leg of this journey. We've come so far, but it seems like there's still so much time to go.

Size of Baby: Baby girl is the size of a head of cauliflower or a coconut. About 16 inches and 2.5 pounds.

Gender: Baby girl. Norah Paige.

Weight Gain: Approximately 25 pounds. Slowed down from what I was gaining in months 5 and 6 thank goodness.

Feeling: Still back and forth on this one. For the most part, I'd say I feel great. But there are a few times a day where exhaustion or joint pain hits me, and it's pretty tough. Not to mention walking around my pretty large company at work all day, or trying to bend over, or do housework of any kind, is getting harder by the day.

I also had a bit of an emotion breakdown the other day. I am obviously thankful and EXTREMELY happy with the whole pregnancy experience, but I am kind of hitting the wall for lack of a better term. I am ready to get my body back and start our life with our little girl. Of course I am sure the next 11 weeks or so will just fly by, but right now- it seems like an eternity. People who say they love being pregnant? I do not understand them! As wonderful as it is to be able to bring a person into the world, the act of actually being pregnant is just not doing it for me anymore.

Maternity Clothes: Loving them, just like last month. Also like last month, the only non maternity clothes I can fit into are leggings, athletic shorts, and a few shirts that were too big to begin with, or are very long in length.

Nursery: We've added a decoration here and there, but I won't be adding anything else to the nursery until I see what all we get at the rest of our baby showers.

Movement: So much excitement in this category. I actually had a bit of a freak out because I didn't feel her move much at all one day last week, but besides that, little Norah has been on the go. I can feel distinct movement multiple times a day. This weekend also marked the first time I could see her move from outside of my stomach. It is so awesome to be able to see my tummy make little vibrating motions, and see the overall shape change as she moves positions.

Symptoms: Issues getting from a laying down to sitting up or standing position. Difficulty bending over to put on shoes, get dressed, pick things up off of the ground, etc. Joint aches and pains. Luckily I've begun scheduling the pregnancy spa services Will got me, so I hope those help!

Sleep: No major complaints here. Still going to bed around 10pm and waking up around 6:30am.

Cravings: Still loving cereal and ice cream.

What I Miss: Mobility. Alcohol. Soft cheeses. Pencil skirts.

Best Moment This Week: Entering another month, having a positive doctors appt (I passed my glucose test!), and feeling lots of movement from Norah.

Looking Forward To: Baby showers. More frequent doctor appointments! I just love going to the doctor. It makes me feel like everything is more real.

Thankful For: Entering the third trimester, where baby is able to make it outside the womb if she needs to. Passing my glucose test.
Erin LFF said...

Cheers to the 3rd trimester. I hope you can somehow be as comfortable as possible in the last 11 weeks of pregnancy!! get to that spa ASAP! :)

© g squared. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.