Thursday, November 13, 2014

my husband

So these days I spend basically all my time thinking about/caring for my baby. And that has left the ole blog silent on one other very important topic. My relationship. My husband is not only that, but my best friend. He is just kind of awesome like that!



Why do we look so young?!
Anyway, seeing Will be a father to our daughter is pretty awesome. I get emotional when I see shows or read articles about Dads and their daughters because I know as she grows, his love for her will only get stronger. He will be the dad who lets his daughter paint his nails and the dad to coach the soccer team and the dad who skips work events for dance recitals. I know he will, and that's part of the reason I married him.



I don't write many posts on my relationship because first of all, that's one of the few things I think does NOT belong on this blog, but mainly, because I don't dwell on the details of it a lot. Of course I think of my husband all day long, since you know, we live together and have a baby together. Of course I put in effort every day to be the best wife I can be. But those things happen organically. I talk to him because I want to and I try to be a good wife because I love him. Those things come easy to me and require little to no conscious effort or thought. Even when I'm not being the best I can be.



While marriage is anything but easy, my marriage comes easily to me. If that makes sense.

Just a little shout out to the number one guy in my life. Here's to keeping this guy as my number one priority, so we can be the best we can be for the rest of our family for many, many years to come.



Linking up today with Annie and Stephanie for 

Unknown said...

Stopping by from the link-up. This was so sweet. It's wonderful that you are taking the time to ensure that your hubby is "remembered". It can be challenging to focus on your marriage and the important man in your life when you have little ones.

P!nky said...

Such a sweet post! Stopping by from the linkup!

Kaity B. said...

Love this post- I've been thinking a lot about how my relationship with my Hubby will change after baby. Some days it worries me. I want to be young and carefree, forever! But I also know he's going to be a terrific father and seeing him with our little one is going to be so freaking adorable :)

Erin LFF said...

You guys are soooo adorable I can't stand it ;) And girlfriend, that teal dress in your photo up there? STUNNING on you!

Stephanie | Olive and Tate | said...

Such a sweet post! Watching the husbands become daddies is really something :-) thanks for linking up! xo

© g squared. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.