Thursday, June 25, 2015

this and that

As suspected, I took basically no more pictures of our vacation. Oops. We finished out the trip with shopping, an evening with Will's boss' family at their nearby lake house, and some long walks. It was the perfect relaxing 4 days away.

The day we drove home was my 27th birthday. EEK. I cannot believe I'm basically 30. I also can't believe I am still multiple years away from being 30 and I already have a family to take care of. Life is funny like that eh?


The following day was Father's Day, so it was a busy weekend. We spent the morning playing with Norah, and left her with my Mom the second half of the day to do some solo shopping, followed by dinner and drinks. I felt bad leaving her on Father's Day (sort of) but we really wanted to take advantage of my Mom being home and get in some alone time. And sneak in some celebration of my birthday. We had appetizers and drinks at Seasons 52 and The Capital Grille, then stopped by the bar we met at on the way home for beers. I paid for said celebration the next day, but it was a blast and the perfect way to end Will's week of vacation.



Norah kicked off being home with taking her first steps. She did it 2 or 3 times in a row, in sets of 3-4 steps each time. So unbelievable. She also had her first taste of spaghetti this week and demolished it. It's crazy how quickly she is changing. Normally at our weekly library story time she sits around and plays with a select one or two babies. This week she was in the center of everything, climbing on chairs, trying to clobber other babies, all kinds of energetic, interactive behavior. I also had to give a few toys back to some babies because she could not stop snatching. She is becoming quite the little diva! We are signed back up for swim lessons as of tonight to channel some of that energy.

That's all for now. Happy Thursday!
© g squared. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.