Friday, January 3, 2014

Friday Confessions

Happy Friday pals. Even though I know it’s going to make next week, the first full work week in what seems like ages, even more brutal- I am loving this chopped up work schedule. Work a day or two here, have off a day or two there. A girl could get used to this. So glad one of my favorite bloggers Leslie is back for Friday Confessions. I have very little news to actually report, but a whole lot of randomness to confess.

I confess that my house is not clean, by any stretch of the imagination. I'd actually venture to say this is the worse it's been since we moved in. Thankfully my husband has been helping out, but I feel like I haven't picked up a cleaning product in ages. You’d think with all of this extra time on my hands I could have gotten something done, but no. Dishes are piled. Floors are neglected. Laundry is sitting in baskets all over the place. Hopefully the cleaning bug bites me tomorrow, because I hate a cluttered/dirty house. Something about all this time spent lounging on the couch that just sucks the motivation right out of me.

I confess that I have also been neglecting myself. Chipped nail polish. Eyebrows that need some serious attention. Split ends for days. Luckily I have plans to fix all of those things within the next week. Maybe it’s the holidays. Maybe it’s the ton of snow and freezing temps we've gotten. Whatever it is, I've been slacking lately in the beauty department as well. Meh.

I confess even though Christmas just passed, I may have ordered myself a few things from Nordstrom a couple of days ago. I’ve been loving wearing plain black and white tops to work lately, so it’s hard to pass up any I see on sale.

And finally. I confess, that even though I don't really care to make resolutions, there are two things I vow to do moving forward. Take more pictures (with my camera, not my iPhone), and save more money. Now that we're out of the crazy wedding and house buying year that was 2013, I have no excuse not to save save save. And take a few seconds out of whatever I'm doing to capture the moment. Especially when it comes to Will and myself. I have hundreds of pictures of the dogs, compared to just a few dozen of us. Sad, and it's time to fix it!

That’s all for now folks. I’m ready to hole up for the weekend and hide from the single digit temperatures we’ll be facing.  Spring, come quickly!
Shelley said...

isn't next week going to be awful?! thank goodness this was only a 2 day workweek or i would have never survived!! and i feel ya on the neglecting the house and even yourself.. i've been doing the exact same thing. it must be the weather! all i want to do is stay under the blankets until spring!

Erin LFF said...

Oh you guys need to hush! ;) I'd be thrilled to just have 2 days off in a row! Only teasing... I picked this job after all!

And because of this job? I confess my house is a total disaster, like at the worst its ever been haha! YIKES!

© g squared. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.