Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Christmas Recap + Best of 2013

Our Christmas this year was great. Just enough excitement, just enough relaxing. The Friday before Christmas my Mom and sisters drove down to spend a few days with us. There was a lot of eating, walk taking, and family time. We also went to dinner at Eddie Merlot’s with Will’s parents, which I’ve been dying to try. It did not disappoint!







The girls, Will, and myself even took a family trip with his bro and our niece and nephew to Jump Zone. I served as the official photographer, and it was absolutely hilarious seeing grown men jump around like children.






Mom and the girls headed home Christmas Eve morning, and we continued with our regular holiday routine. Up north to spend a few hours with my Dad’s side of the family. Back to Cincinnati for Mass and dinner. Christmas morning at our house, then over to Will’s parents with his brothers and their families for presents and dinner.



I can’t believe it’s already time to bring 2013 to a close. This was surely the most eventful year of my life. May was definitely the month to remember for us. In that month we celebrated Will’s birthday, as well as him finishing his MBA with an almost perfect GPA at a great school. This was also the month we sold our house, bought a new one, moved into said house, and of course the month we got married! Throw in a trip to St. Lucia for the honeymoon, and I’d say it’ll be a hard few weeks to top.

Other highlights of the year for me are definitely my new job and car in September, and the MANY weddings we attended and friend’s engagements + pregnancies/babies we watched roll in. So many changes in 2013, I am looking forward to being settled, and just living in 2014. Though that’s the plan, I’m sure life has some surprises in store for us, and I can’t wait to see what they are.

Here are some of my favorite/the most popular posts of 2013.

Our love story posts
On life before I met Will
Bachelorette Recap + We're getting a house!
Some recent home updates
On how I have issues
On a ridiculously fun Cincinnati Blate with a ton of awesome ladies
My love for Cincinnati
All of our wedding posts

Happy New Year to you!
Brittany said...

What a great Christmas. Love that first picture. The star looks like it is on your head :) Happy NYE

Unknown said...

Your fireplace mantle is great - simple yet festive. I haven't been to Jump Zone yet but it looks like a ton of fun!

© g squared. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.