Monday, December 16, 2013

back in the day

Back in my day, Facebook was just for college kids. If I'd known my future in-laws or my grandmother was going to be on Facebook, ever, I wouldn't have posted half the things I did. Luckily, all of my college albums are private. But does anyone remember the "notes" feature? Thankfully, I don't think those are too big anymore. I recently stumbled upon a few notes that I'd posted in college, and I'll tell you one thing, I was NOT keeping it classy in the mid 2000's.

Fortunately, the 25 random facts about me that I'd shared wasn't that bad. I originally posted this five years ago, when I was a junior in college. Today's commentary is in italics. This was pretty funny to look back on. Oh how some things have changed so much, and some not at all.

1. i might as well have a split personality. in almost every aspect of my life i see positives out of opposite positions. This is still true. But I'm happy to report my grammar has improved.

2. i am very indecisive, but when i decide i want to do something i do it no matter what people say. Still true.

3. i dont consider myself "from" anywhere. i moved around a ton as a kid and continue to do so, and as annoying as it is, i love it. Still true, but thankfully, I'm finally settled.

4. my mom is my hero, my best friend. Yup.

5. my little sisters are the only reason i want kids in the future, they are the softest spot in my heart. Double yup.

6. i have the most amazing, understanding, bad ass freinds i could ever ask for. And we're still going strong. Some things really do get better with age, good friends are one of them.

7. im a lot more book smart than people give me credit for, and a lot less street smart then id like to admit.This is still half true. The older I get, the more I realize I have to learn.

8. i have regrets who doesn't?

9. i will buy anything that is PINK. that color really makes my day. This makes me laugh. I'm not as bad as I used to be, but it's still my preference for most things when possible.

10. i hate drinking tap water. SO false. I love drinking water now.

11. i like wearing plain clothing, preferably black . Always.

12. i am a 50/50 mix of my parents and if you know them THAT is scary Ha. Still mostly true, but now it's less scary.

13. i am convinced going to high school in huber heights ohio has screwed me up for life. This also makes me laugh, and you would too if you know anything about Huber. Today, I'd call it more of a learning experience.

14. going to school in huber heights ohio was somehow one of the best things that ever happened to me. See number one. 

15. i still love high jumping. I will always love track and field. I wish I could still jump somehow!

16. Since i turned 16 ive liked working more than school I wished away a lot of my college years. I did and still do love working, but I wish I would have started a Master's program right away.

17. i love taking pictures. Yup.

18. i can NEVER sit through entire moves Double yup.

19. i didnt know how to spell cincinnati untill i lived here. Sad but true.

20. i have 7 million speeding tickets and i never think theyre my fault lol. Haven't gotten one since this post I don't think! Knock on wood. I'm much more cautious in my old age.

21. im obsessed with houndstooth. Not anymore. The chevron of 2009.

22. im way too forgiving. I've gotten over that.

23. i care way too much about tv. Still trying to get over this one. My guilty pleasure for sure.

24. i own the best cavalier of all time. RIP to Cavi. That car got me through some hard times, and I loved it dearly, but I'm happy to have upgraded twice since then.

25. i LOVE everyone in my life :) Some things never change.
Erin LFF said...

Haha so funny! Don't you love/hate looking back at stuff like this and seeing what's changed, or what hasn't?!! I'm a plain clothes girl too- lots of solids, grays/blacks in my wardrobe!

Brittany said...

Haha! I love this! I wish I had one of these to look back on. It's amazing how much is still true.

Amanda English said...

LOVE THIS LIST! 7 million speeding tickets? that surely is a lot! ;) xoxo

© g squared. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.