Friday, July 11, 2014

a day in the life

Linking up with Leslie today for a peek into my day.

6:15(ish) am: One of my 5 alarms go off.  I spend the 6:00am hour cuddled under the covers checking Instagram, Facebook, emails, and my pregnancy apps. All while Will and the dogs snore away. It’s one of my favorite parts of the day.

7:00am: Let the dogs outside, rush to get ready for work, and try to throw together some kind of breakfast, lunch, and snack to take to work. We have a pretty yummy cafeteria at my office, but it is also pretty expensive. If I can supplement what I buy there with some fruit, oatmeal, granola, and leftovers from dinner- it saves me a lot of dollars.

On this particular day, Will is traveling for work. So I am also responsible for prepping the basement/laundry room for the dogs, making sure they have food, and that the house is good and locked up for the day.

8:10am: Make it to the office, check emails, and prepare to hire the movers and shakers of the world. I work as a recruiting specialist in the corporate office of a material handling company. My coworkers are awesome and I am lucky to spend a lot of time at work laughing (sometimes because things are funny, sometimes because I am losing my mind) and enjoying my day. There is never a dull moment in recruiting.

12:00pm: Lunch with the ladies of the HR dept. We usually eat in the above mentioned cafeteria, and I look forward to this little break every day. Occasionally I work through lunch, or run errands. My office is about 25 minutes from our home, and there’s a whole different list of options for shopping in this area that I like to take advantage of from time to time.

5:00pm: Wrap up whatever I need to finish for the day, and prepare to brave the traffic to get home.

Normally I avoid after work errands at all costs, but on this day I have a 6:00pm pedicure appointment at the pregnancy spa down the road from my office thanks to my awesome husband. While I wait for the appointment I stop at Whole Foods for a slice of pizza and two mini pastries. They were absolutely delicious, and the perfect way to start my night of relaxation.

6:00pm: After work I let the dogs out, feed them dinner, check the mail, then decompress by sitting on the deck and catching up on blogs, social media, whatever it is. I also start dinner around now, and try to check off one thing from my to-do list. Dinner could be anything from frozen pizza or hamburger helper, to homemade pasta sauce or meatloaf or soup. Just depends on my mood. The to do list item might involve cleaning, prepping for the baby, or ordering one of the ten million little items we still need for the house.

8:00pm. After dinner I usually try to do something outside. Whether it’s go outside and chat with my next door neighbor, walk the neighborhood, or just spend more time on the deck. Fresh air is my best friend in the non winter months. If it’s raining or too humid, Will and I just hang on the couch until bed time.

10:00pm: I hit the sack (if I am lucky to make it this late). I’m not much of a napper, but when it comes to bed time- I don’t mess around.

And that’s all she wrote. We have an awesome weekend planned, so TGIF friends!
Life with the Grothe said...

busy but happy life right?
Enjoy your weekend

Nina B. said...

I check my phone in bed too. It's the thing to do right? It forces me to open my eyelids

Karli | September F A R M said...

i loooove alone time in the morning too! except i'm on the couch with my laptop and coffee. then if my farmer wakes up and is noise...which causes kaye to wake up...i basically feel like my day is ruined. :) anyway...these day in the life of posts are so fun to read! how do you hear about the prompts? if you ever want to change it up, a friend of mine and i brought back the 5 on friday since the other gals put their link up on hold for the summer. it was pretty popular last week. we would love to have you!

© g squared. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.