Monday, June 10, 2013

A pretty wonderful weekend

What an amazing weekend. Every weekend goes by too fast, but this one seemed to be the right balance of busy and relaxing.

Friday right after work, we had someone come out and measure the house for window treatments. This is the last "big" thing we have to wrap up, and I cannot wait to actually order and have them installed. Will went to a baseball game for a guys night, so I spent some time working on the house, spending time with the pups, and hanging out with our neighbors.

Saturday we took care of some errands and mostly just enjoyed the day. Our sweet new neighbor Katie, who also happens to be the author behind of my favorite blogs to read, invited us to her Gender Reveal party. I also got to meet Sarah and Jax, two other bloggers I love who also happen to be in the Cincinnati area. It was great to meet these ladies and so fun to share in Katie's big news. We've hung out a few times with some of our other neighbors who were in attendance, so it was a great afternoon! I love love love that not only do we have the perfect house for us, but the best neighbors. The rest of Saturday was spent lounging on the couch, watching Snow White and the Huntsman, and eating our first dinner at our dining room table. It was exactly the Saturday I needed after so many weekends spent celebrating.

Don't mind my wrinkly table runner. Maybe I'll iron it one day?

Sunday was another of my favorite kind of days. Just enough to-do, just enough being on the couch. I attempted (and failed) to make omelets. We went shopping and I got my birthday present early, because it may have sold out in the next week or two of course. More shopping and house errands. Stopped for lunch. We visited my brother and sister in law at their new house. My in laws came to see ours. Yup, pretty perfect in my book.

Picked up one of these today. Hands down my most absolute favorite kitchen/family room candle for the summer.

And that about wraps up our weekend. I am 100% determined to post our wedding reception recap and video trailer tomorrow, so stay tuned!

Linking up with Sami.


According to Jax said...

It was fabulous finally meeting you!! :)

Megan said...

Sounds like great times were had! What a lucky lady to live next to your favourite blogger, right!

Katie said...

Yay, I'm so glad you guys could make it!! Your weekend does sound like the perfect mix of busy/relaxing. And I must smell that candle! I'm loving all bath & body candles right now!

© g squared. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.