Friday, October 11, 2013

upcoming awesomeness: 5 things to finish out 2013


With all the upcoming holiday craziness, work, and fun weekend events- my poor house has really suffered. I am determined to get paint colors picked out THIS WEEKEND. And put away my summer clothes. The list goes on, but those are a few things really hanging over my head right now. Another OMG that recently dawned on me, there are LESS THAN THREE months left in 2013! My sweet Holly turned 2 the other day, and I barely could believe it was already the this time of the year again.



2013 has been pretty darn good to me, but there is still a ton left to enjoy in the short time we have left. This week’s list consists of 5 things I’m really looking forward to before 2014 rolls around.

1. Family 

If I could spend every day with my sisters, I would. Since they live in another state, I always look forward to the holidays so I can spend some qt with them and my Mom, just doing girl stuff. This year, they will be coming down for an extended visit, and I can hardly stand the anticipation. It is so much more fun to have visitors when you have guest rooms for them to stay in, and there’s a driveway for them to park their car in. I do NOT miss the lack of those things, definitely one of the downsides of city living. Anyhow, now that we have plenty of room for them to enjoy their selves, I know this holiday visit will be the best one yet.

2. Mega Blate

Mexican with 15+ bloggers from the Cincinnati area? Yes please. I’m sure there will be lost of pics and updates to come. Throw together a bunch of fun girls, Mexican, and margs, and I bet we’re in for a pretty good time.

3. Parties

A sweet neighbor/friend’s Gender Reveal. Baby Scarlett’s (one of my bestie’s daughter) 2nd Birthday. Another best friend’s Halloween party. Not to mention the holiday get-togethers. Thanksgiving in Chicago. One of my other best friend’s wedding! (Yes I know, I have a lot of best friends. I’m a lucky girl, what can I say.) Our Christmas party, which will be the first real soiree in the new house. Will’s family Christmas, which includes about 50 people. And who knows what else. I can barely contain my excitement. This truly is the most wonderful time of the year!

4. Pottery Barn’s Christmas Section

This speaks for itself. If you haven’t visited the site lately, I suggest you do so pronto. Here are a few of my faves that I plan to add to our collection of Christmas prettiness.



burlap santa hat string lights



all is calm and bright pillow cover
5. Pitchas

Otherwise known as pictures. I want professional photos of us that are not wedding related. I love our wedding pics, but something a little more relaxed is definitely in order. I also want some of us in our new home, and hopefully even including the puppies. I really want to remember our first year and first holiday season in this house, so this is a must before the next few months come to an end.

Happy Friday!
© g squared. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.