Thursday, October 3, 2013

I survived my first day + catch up + recipes

Well here we are. Long time no post. Really just 5 days or so, but it feels like it's been an eternity since I opened up the ole MacBook. Our weekend was good. Friday we went out with some of my then co workers to celebrate my last day at the company. There was a pretty good turn out, and we had a blast. Saturday we had dinner Downtown with a group of our neighbor pals, and Sunday I grocery shopped, ran errands, and just got ready for the week. I know two people dogs that were not much help. Not sure why the light looks so cryptic and smoky coming through the windows? Maybe we have a ghost?


Oh, and my little sister went to homecoming, and my Mom text me this pic. I die. She is getting more grown up by the second! I cannot believe she will be 15 next month. Time really does fly.


I normally like to participate in some type of Sunday Funday activity, but not this time around. Monday was my first day at the new office, and I wanted to be 110% prepared. All went pretty amazing as far as first days go. I have some programs and processes to learn, but I'm excited to get the ball rolling on this step in my career. Megan suggested I even throw in some work attire posts, and I just might! Lord knows work is just about the only time I get dressed up.

In other news, poor Sadie girl has a cold. I hate to take her to the vet just to be told it's a stuffy nose and will pass. She is completely fine besides being a little sniffly. Are there dog home remedies for the common cold?

Last but not least, I wanted to mention a few recipes.1 "regular" and 2 crock pot. I am not feeling dinner time lately. Normally I like to cook, but I guess I'm in a funk.

Last night I made Eat Yourself Skinny's lemon rosemary chicken recipe. It was easy and delicious. Currently in the crock pot for lunch and dinner the rest of the week are my favorite pot roast recipe, and this new potato soup recipe I'm trying out. Hallelujah to having 3-4 meals done with only 10 or so minutes of prep!

I can't remember where I found the pot roast recipe at this point, but it involves:

3 pound roast
1 packet of brown gravy mix
1 packet of italian dressing mix
1 packet of ranch dressing mix
1cup of water

Put it all in the crock pot on low. Cook 6 or so hours. Boom. Delicious.

That's all for now. Happy Thursday!
Allison said...

I LOVE easy recipes like that. Wahoo! Glad your new job is going well. Excited to meet you in a few weeks!

© g squared. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.