My weekend was amazing, but way to exhausting to relive right now. Switching it up with a new link up :)
I make a conscious effort to prepare as many "home cooked" meals for us as possible during the week.
Usually they're pretty good. Sometimes they're actually quite impressive, especially considering I've been cooking for just about a year or so.
Like most people with taste buds, I love pasta and cheese and anything creamy. No this isn't diet friendly, but it was a pretty big hit in our house, so I thought I'd share. All I have are iPhone pics, but you'll get the idea.
Veggie + Sausage Pasta
1. Cut up your veggies. Type of veggies is really whatever you think goes with your protein and/or pasta.
This time, that ended up being onion, pepper, mushrooms and tomatoes.
2. Sautée veggies with some chopped garlic, butter, and olive oil, then remove them from heat.
3. Slice up some turkey polish sausage, throw that in with the veggies, and sauté them all together.
I think this could also be yummy substituting the sausage with chicken, shrimp, or no meat at all.
Next for the sauce. I have been experimenting with my own version of Alfredo for a while, so sadly, I have no exact measurements. Basically, find any old recipe online that looks good to you, and add/subtract cheeses and creams to taste. Mine is something like-
1. Heat 1 and 1/2 cups of heave cream
2. Add a few tablespoons of butter. Stir until melted.
3. Add a half a cup or so each of parmesan cheese, mozzarella, and whatever else is in the "Italian Mix" bag. Stir until melted.
This is probably a bit excessive, but I really like cheese.
For this version, I added in a tablespoon or so of cajun seasoning.
This recipe reminds me of the Jambalaya Pasta at Ruby Tuesdays, which is one of my favorite things ever.
Once your Alfredo is done, add in a cooked pasta of your choice, then the veggies and meat. Toss. Serve.
This was actually really quick, created very little mess in my chicken, and tasted great as leftover for my lunch at work the next day.