Thursday, February 9, 2012

Easiest Vegetable Soup Ever

Yesterday morning at work I got the bright idea to throw something in the Crockpot on my lunch break so I wouldn't have to worry about dinner.

My initial thought was Olive Garden's zuppa tuscana, but since I made that the other week (and there has been a container of V8 in my fridge for over a month) I decided to go with beef vegetable soup.

My new cooking technique is to look up a bunch of different recipes for what I want to make, combine them, add my own twist and BAM dinner.

So far, it's worked. I know it will eventually blow up in my face. Luckily, it wasn't last night!

My ingredients were:

2 cans of corn, drained

2 cans of green beans, drained

two potatoes, cubed

an unidentified amount of V8, maybe 4 cups?

about 1 cup of chopped carrots

1 packet Lipton Beef Onion Soup Mix

1 lb cubed stew meat

salt and pepper

Steps

cut up the meat into the size pieces you desire, brown

add meat, veggies, V8 and Lipton Soup Mix to Crockpot

I went a little easy on the V8, then added more after stirring to create the consistency I like

Cook on low for about 6 hours

BAM, dinner.




Quick, easy and delicious. I got most of these ideas via Pinterest.

This will for sure be one of my go to recipes.

I wish I was as good at making V-Day plans as I am making up recipes.

I have NO idea what I am going to get W.

Guess I will be scouring the mall this weekend.

What do you get someone that buys everything they want for themselves?

Wish me luck.

Happy Thursday!
© g squared. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.