Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Weekly questions with one of my favorite blogs!

I had the perfect Valentine's Day with my love.

Beautiful flowers at work

View of the city from our table at dinner

Waiting for food



Linking up this week with Shasta Anne. If you don't read her blog, start!

1.      What was the best day of your life?

This is a tough one.

I will have to go with the day I met W.

Runners up would be the days I graduated high school and college, competing at the Track and Field
Nationals my freshman year of college, stuff like that.

I pick meeting W over those things because I knew if I worked hard enough, they would happen.

You can search and try all your life and never find true love, so that is my best day.

2.      What was the worst day of your life?

I easily know the answer to this and I don't care to divulge the details.

Lets just say it involved me being young and dumb and making a string of very poor choices.

Again, easily the worst day of my life, but you live and you learn.

3.      Do you know how to swim?

Sure do! I'm no pro but swimming was one of my favorite things to do in the summer as a kid.

I still remember my mom teaching me in the pool of the apartment complex we lived in at the time.

4.      Cup ½ empty or ½ full?

Full.

Just like everyone else, I have my days. Generally though I'm a pretty optimistic girl.

5.      Where were you born?

Dayton, OH. 

Both my parents grew up there.

If you've never been, you aren't missing out.

The changing economy has unfortunately done a number on that city in the past few decades.

I now live just an hour away in Cincinnati but I like it about 700 times better.

6.      Are you a morning person?

Absolutely.

I love getting up and having the morning to relax, plan the day, get things done.

Thats why it's always so hard for me to ruin that amazon time with work.

Jobs are always getting in the way of life aren't they?

7.      Are you a spontaneous person?

Usually. I am that girl who ALWAYS breaks plans. I like to do what I want when I want it.

On the flip side, if I want to really do something, I need it to be planned.

I need to know the when, where, why, how and when ahead of time.

It drives my friends and family insane, but I am what I am.

8.      How many tattoos do you have?

Two.

Exhibit A

Yes, I am too lazy to figure out how to turn this around. And it's hard to take a picture of your own wrist upside down.



It's on my left wrist. I don't remember the exact date I got it, but I think it was just after my 19th birthday.


I won't bore anyone with Exhibit B. I got some stars on my right foot on my 18th birthday. Has to be the worst tattoo of all time. At this point, it's so faded people rarely even notice.

I've been meaning to get it covered up for years. Just one of those things I'll eventually get around to,

9.      Have you ever milked a cow?

No. If I die without doing so, I will not be upset.


           10.   What was the most adventurous thing you have ever done?

My entire life is an adventure.

There have been countless moments in my life I've thought to myself

"Is this actually happening?"

If I had to pick on thing I'd go with college as a whole.

I started out my freshman year at Tiffin. A tiny private university in northern Ohio, with a smaller student population than my high school.

I loved it, but somehow a week into summer break between my freshman and sophomore years, I decided I didn't love it enough.

In a matter of days I decided to give up my track scholarship, transfer to a university in Dayton and get an apartment with my best friend.

We borrowed her mom's van, drove to the closest IKEA (which was in Chicago, 5 hours away) and bought an apartment's worth of furniture.

That was one of the most amazing years of my life. Again, apparently not amazing enough, because I decided to transfer again.

Back to Tiffin.

I missed my sorority sisters, so back I went. For a semester.

Tiffin was not as great as I remembered. And I met a guy.

That guy lived in Cincinnati, and I was madly in love with him, so to Cincinnati I went.

The University of Cincinnati became my 3rd college, 3rd transfer and 4th big move in my 3 years of schooling.

Luckily, I loved it. I loved the school, the job I worked while in college, all the great people I met and the city itself.

That guy and I ended up breaking up about a year after I moved here, but I have no regrets.

I DO NOT recommend transferring schools three times or moving across the state for a guy, but again...

You live and you learn :)
© g squared. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.