Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pregnancy Update: 18 weeks


Sadly this is the best pic I could come up with this week. Thanks bathroom at work for your horrible lighting!

Size of Baby: Baby is the size of a sweet potato or a dragon fruit.

Gender: Pink, pink, and more pink.

Weight Gain: Finally some progress in this area. Up 8 pounds overall.

Feeling: Pretty great. No complaints from me this week. Either symptoms are fading, or I’m just getting used to them. I have still had a little bit of neck pain, but I think that has more to do with sitting in front of a computer all day than it does being pregnant.

Maternity Clothes: Bought a new maternity tank top this week. It’s still too big even though I got a small, and I’m normally a medium. I did get a few long sleeve t-shirts from Gap Maternity that I’m loving, and they already fit great.

Nursery: So much progress! I found a lot of décor/accents this weekend while out shopping, and got a better idea of what I want the final product to look like. I also plan to order the crib as soon as I finish writing this update. I’d originally planned on just registering for our crib, but the one I want is on sale, and I don’t want to risk it selling out! Will has also offered to paint her room this or next weekend J Love having a helpful, on the ball husband.

Movement: Still feeling a few flutters here and there. I felt a pretty strong one yesterday. Not sure if this is possible, but last night laying in bed I felt a little flutter really low in my pelvis area, and when I put my hand there, there was one little part that was as hard as a rock. No idea if this was a part of her or if maybe just a part of my uterus that was really hard? I cannot wait to feel some real kicks!

Symptoms: Pretty scarce in this category this week. Some light neck/back pain.

Sleep: Pretty good, but having the craziest (sometimes scariest) dreams.

Cravings: Nothing too much, but eating lots of banana laffy taffy. I also really wanted milk last night, but of course it was the one time in the history of life that we were out.

What I Miss: Honestly, not a thing.

Best Moment This Week: A great day of shopping. Ordering the crib. Finalizing more of the nursery. Not feeling like crap.

Looking Forward To: Getting the nursery painted and our 20 week appointment.


Thankful For: Our health and a supportive group of friends and family. This has been the same every week, but honestly there is nothing I am more thankful for. We are truly blessed!
Kayla MKOY said...

You are so darn cute :)

Katie said...

You look awesome!! I wish I had a cute little bump too, I think its on its way…but slowly!

Skylight Contractors Albany said...

Lovely post, thanks for posting.

© g squared. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.