Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Pregnancy Update: 15 weeks

Finally all caught up. I hit the 15 week mark this past Friday 2/28/14.

Excuse the crazy hair and the top of my head being cut off. I was in a huge rush before work to get this taken, I need a hair cut more than life, and it was my first time experimenting with the tripod + self timer on my camera. It's a start?

How Far Along: 15 weeks.

Size of Baby: This week we’re about the size of a pear or an apple.

Gender: Less than 3 days before we’ll have an official answer to this and I can’t wait. I am getting to the point where I’m so excited just to know the gender, that I think I’ll be equally excited with either option.

Weight Gain: About 5 pounds, but this number is still fluctuating daily.

Feeling: Feeling good this week. I’ve still been pretty tired, and get winded fairly easily, but those are my only real complaints. Very thankful that the nausea is finally subsiding. 

Maternity Clothes: Still in most of my regular shirts, but loving the maternity pants I’ve purchased recently. Wearing nothing but yoga/sweat pants after work and on the weekends.

Nursery: Since we’re starting to collect things for the baby, I want to go ahead and get the guest room furniture in what will be the nursery moved to what is my “office”, and my desk and such moved to the basement. I want a clear canvas to start storing the baby’s stuff to so there’s no confusion with that belongs there and what doesn’t. Will is going to work on that this week. I will probably start looking at paint colors as soon as we find out the gender, but there will be a lot more planning before I make any real progress in this category.



Movement: I’ve read that some people can feel the baby this early, but it will probably be a couple more weeks. I feel flutters here and there, but I don’t think it’s anything that can be confirmed as baby movement.

Symptoms: Tired, mild headaches and backaches here and there.

Sleep: Sleeping well and napping every chance I get.

Cravings: Nothing really, loving food in general.

What I Miss: Energy and lung capacity, but I am getting used to being tired/easily winded at this point. I went out for a friends birthday recently and had a non alcoholic beer. I could have gone for a glass of wine, but it really wasn’t a big deal!

Best Moment This Week: Finally being in what will be one of the most exciting weeks of this pregnancy! I cannot WAIT to find out the sex of this little munchkin!

Looking Forward To: Finding out the gender at our reveal photo shoot, Will finally getting to attend an ultrasound, and my OB appointment on Wednesday.

Thankful For: Everything mentioned in the point above, a supportive family, and what has so far been a healthy pregnancy. So thankful for this experience and praying it continues and our little girl or guy keeps going strong.
Katie said...

You look so adorable. Love your little bump. I didn't start feeling movement until 22 weeks, ugh! Hopefully you are able to feel something early!

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelley said...

you're too cute! glad everything is going well and can't wait to hear what ya'll are having!!

Brittany said...

love your little bump, you're adorable.

© g squared. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.