Friday, March 14, 2014

this and that on happiness

I feel like lately my brain has been a little discombobulated. Like there is a whole lot going on at one time, but also like there’s so little going on and so much we’re really just waiting for.

I feel like we’re on the verge of something great. Isn’t everyone really? Life is always throwing us curveballs, and if you’re at all like me, most of those curveballs can be seen as a stepping stone to something wonderful.


I know one thing for sure. Spring is coming, and I almost physically can’t contain my happiness and excitement for what are the best months of the year in the mid-west. Fresh flowers. Farmers markets. Neighborhood walks through our little development filled with trees and happy kids playing outside. My sisters being off school so they can come fill my house with laughs and silliness. Preparing for our baby girl who will make her appearance in just 5ish short months. Baseball games. Two of my best friend’s weddings. Our first wedding anniversary. Both Will and I turning another year older.

There is so much to look forward to, so much to enjoy in the coming months, I hope I can absorb it all to the fullest extent.

While all I seem to think about lately is our little girl and all the happiness and new things to come, can you really blame a person? I can’t wait to experience all of the above one last time as a family of two, and for all the years to come as a family with a daughter. It’s really just too much.


I am feeling incredibly blessed lately, and I am trying to keep that on the forefront. When it’s chilly in the morning and I don’t want to get out of bed. When the dogs have an accident in the house and I have to clean the carpets again. When the workday seems too long, or the weekend seems too short. All I have to remind myself is that “Luckily, this will be (God willing) the worst part of your day. So is it really that bad?” and I immediately feel like the luckiest person in the world. I hope the happy time we are living through right now is something I always remember. And it can only get better from here!

Here’s to Friday. To pretending it’s nice out and dreaming of days to come that involve A/C insead of heat. Happy Weekend!
Kelli Gilbert said...

i love this post! your blog is so cute!

© g squared. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.