Monday, May 12, 2014

what a weekend - quick mini update

I plan to post a more detailed, all encompassing post of our weekend tomorrow, because wow- was it a busy one! I wanted to pop in today though and just share a few phone pics and report how wonderfully perfect, but bone crushingly exhausting our weekend was. Being pregnant + non stop on the go = one tired soon to be lady over here. Maybe I'm a wuss, but carrying around a 20 pound ball on your stomach takes a toll. Anyhow, a quick update.

Friday Will went to the Reds game with 6 other guys from our neighborhood, while all the wives stuck around our subdivision and had pizza and enjoyed the weather. Have I mentioned how much I love our neighbors? I feel so blessed to be surrounded by such friendly, fun, and supportive woman.

Saturday we hosted a bridal shower for one of my best friends at our house. There were about 20 people in attendance, and I think everyone had a great time. The bride's sister is a chef, and she prepared an amazing taco bar. We also had sangria, champagne, cupcakes, cookies, fruit, veggies, chips with a few different dips, and some other small snacks + played a few games. It was wonderful having such a special day for such an old friend in our house, and it was the perfect way to kick off the 2014 wedding/shower season!


Sunday was our one year wedding anniversary, and what we decided to consider my first Mother's Day. Presents. Mass. Brunch. Visit with Will's family. Grilling out. Year old wedding cake. And coincidentally, our wedding was featured on Cincinnati Wedding Magazine's website!



 More on all of this tomorrow, with some great pictures that we managed to capture with the DSLR not the iPhone- which never happens! Also coming this week, my 25 week update and other thoughts on pregnancy now that I'm 6 months in. I hope all of you moms, fur moms, soon to be moms, and one day moms had a FABULOUS day. I sure did!
Brittany said...

Happy one year anniversary!! Glad you had a good weekend.

© g squared. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.