Thursday, April 4, 2013

life update

Holy. Crap. That's about all I have to say about how I've been feeling.

I've been living my life in a constant state of shock, awe, and amazement lately.

Shocked that there are now less than five weeks until I become a Mrs. That the coming days are filled with final fittings and vendor payments, when it seems like I just picked out the dress and signed the contracts. Awe over the fact that I have this sweet, hilarious, amazing man that drives me insane in all the ways the love of your life is supposed to. And that he chose me, and that every day his love and dedication to me, to us, gets stronger. Amazement that I have managed to pull this off. It looks like all of the late nights, over obsessing decisions, harassing my friends and family, and ten million emails sent and received, will all add up to the wedding of my dreams. And with the help of some friends and family, I did it all myself.


And though you may not be able to tell it from this blog, there are so many exciting things going on in my life BESIDES getting married.

In a few short weeks, Will will be finished with his MBA, and I couldn't be more proud.

My baby sister. Who I fed and changed and watched grow up right before my eyes, is about to be an 8th grade graduate. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

We still have a house on the market. Though this has been a long journey, I know before I know it, the house will be sold, and we will be moving. We'll be purchasing what will hopefully be the place we live for the next 10-20 years. We'll be saying goodbye to the house in the neighborhood we're both madly in love with. The place we fell in love, and first lived together.

I'm about to make a change at work, that is so so welcomed. A change that I think will be a new adventure, and big step for my career. Not to mention a week of training in NYC come July!

I am so beyond blessed and thankful and appreciative and honestly, in shock about everything mentioned in this post. I hope I look back on it one day when times maybe aren't so out of this world, and remember all I have to be thankful for. I hope someone else reads it and sees that life isn't always going to be so hard, or is reminded to appreciate all the fabulousness that's in their life that they've been taking for granted.

Allie @ Between Dreams said...

Ahhhh, this post made me heart swell :) so happy for you, and can't wait to follow along in your journey.

P.S. 5 weeks is so soon!!! you must be over the moon.

Kiersten said...

Congratulations on all the wonderful things going on for you right now! I'm so happy you shared them with us :)
<3 Kiersten

Casey said...

Lots of exciting things, girl!! I'd be over the moon with thankfulness, too!

Dabbling in Dixie said...

Amazing things happening to an amazing girl!! Enjoy it lovebug :)

Julie-Becoming A Navy Wife said...

Wow girl! You do have a lot going on! I am so happy for you! I can't wait to see pics from your big day and congrats on the change at work! A week in NYC sounds great!!!

Jane said...

Oh my goodness that picture of you two is freaking adorable!

Unknown said...

You seem to be at a great point in your life :)

I am so very happy for you!

© g squared. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.