Monday, April 15, 2013

the weekend and an almost announcement

Happy Monday. I usually loathe Mondays. Like lay in bed till the very last second, curse the world on my way into work, and have to give myself a pep talk in the car just to walk into my office loathe. But I'm actually excited to go to work this Monday, because I'm training my replacement! Sometime in the next week or so, I will be transferring to another of my company's locations and taking on some different responsibilities. Not a promotion, but I am super excited for the change. I have a pretty solid routine at work, and I will miss some things, but for the most part- I think I will love my job even more than I do now.

This was an amazing weekend for us. The fiancé was traveling for work this week, so it was a huge relief to have him home. Friday night was spent cleaning and pretty much just waiting for him to come home. Thrilling I know.

Saturday was full of errands and appointments. We randomly found the candles we needed for the reception for half off! It saved us money and an hour round trip car ride to Ikea, so that was a win. Not to mention a yummy lunch at Cheesecake Factory We did NOT however find a place to print our day of stationary. Who knew that would be such a freaking hassle?! If anyone has any printing recommendations (we already have everything designed) I would REALLY appreciate it.


We also had another appointment I don't want to get too detailed on just yet. I'm a huge believer in jinxing things and I don't want to risk it by blabbing too early. Just keep your fingers crossed the blessings keep coming for us, and I will post about it soon enough :)

Saturday we were in bed by 10pm. Seriously- I'm getting more lame by the day. Due to such a Grandma-like bed time, I was up by 6am. As sour as not being able to sleep in can be, it gave me plenty of time to play with the dogs, clean, and grocery shop before the day even really got started.

In other pretty big news, we had our final open house before the wedding. The weather was perfect, and we got great traffic. Our realtor sounded enthused with the feedback visitors gave, so we're hoping for a second showing or an offer. Honestly, with the wedding less than a month away, I refuse to stress about the house right now. But, it would obviously be ideal if we could just sell this thing and be done with it!

During the open house W had school work to do, so me and the girls went to our favorite hang out- the dog park! The weather was PERFECT. There were tons of friends to play with. And they even cooperated on the trails.



Happy Monday People!


stillbeingmolly
Amanda English said...

I want a dog just to go to the dog park! They look so fun!

Recent Post: Evy's Tree Giveaway

Anonymous said...

mmm that food looks delish! Stop by some time http://styledlikearockstar.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Ah! Yay for wedding planning!! And awesome for finding candles for 1/2 off! Serious score.

I wish I could give you printing recommendations - we went through a little card boutique-type place. They printed our invitations wrong three (three!!) times. Sigh. But they were really nice about it and we were compensated. And our invitations were really pretty - it just took a lot to get them there, haha.

© g squared. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.