Sunday, July 21, 2013

inspiring

One of my favorite things about blogging is the motivation it brings me. To get my lazy butt off of the couch. To try new recipes and cook for my family instead of ordering junk and spending extra money. To explore my city. To appreciate the beauty in so many things. Blogs to me are just truly inspiring.

I do come across blogs from time to time that are a little more on the whiny side, but who doesn't need to vent from time to time? The overwhelming majority of blogs I come across are inspiring. It is so totally motivating to me to read about other women who have ordinary lives on the outside, but work so hard to give their lives purpose or their families a happy home. It is motivating to read about stay at home Moms who wrangle kids all day or working parents who still find the time to be present in their kids lives. The tips and tricks and heartfelt experiences people share are just too much. In a good way.


I say this after laying on my couch all morning reading said blogs. I kind of feel guilty, but I mostly I don't. The older I get, the less selfish with my time I can really afford to be. So I will enjoy these lazy Sundays as long as possible.

Now it's time to use all this motivation to work on the house and finally get a few lingering items hung on the walls. And clean the upstairs carpets. And go to the grocery. And I will be thankful for every minute!

Happy Sunday.

Unknown said...

Sometimes I get caught up in other people's stories in the blog world and realize I have "wasted" an entire day. But sometimes that's exactly what I need. To get out of my own head and into someone else's.

© g squared. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.