Friday, July 12, 2013

Web favorites this week. 5 for Friday

Here are a few things I've seen floating around the web lately that I want to share and remember. They've either taken my breath away, made me laugh, brought me to tears, or left a huge smile on my face. Enjoy :)

One.

For the dog lover. This will make you want to run home and kiss your puppies. Or just drive around the sketch parts of town looking for pups to rescue.


Two.

For every woman in the world.

Click here to watch the video. For whatever reason, it won't embed. Blogger fail. This was so refreshing and touching. Dustin Hoffman on his role in "Tootsie", and what it taught him about woman.

Three.

For ever person who needs or appreciates a reminder about the beauty of life.

Click here for article "The 45 Lessons Life Taught Me"

Some of my favorites below. I had a lot of them!


Life isn’t fair, but it’s still good.

You don’t have to win every argument. Stay true to yourself.

Make peace with your past so it won’t screw up the present.

Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn’t be in it.

Get rid of anything that isn’t useful.  Clutter weighs you down in many ways.
Whatever doesn’t kill you really does make you stronger.
It’s never too late to be happy.  But it’s all up to you and no one else.

Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don’t save it for a special occasion. Today is special.

Over prepare, then go with the flow.

The most important sex organ is the brain.

Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.

If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else’s, we’d grab ours back.

Four.

25 Things You Can’t Believe Still Don’t Exist In 2013


Jetpacks. Duh. The wisdom on this site is endless. Obviously all of these things should exist by now. Add instant hangover cures and money trees to this list.

Five.

My favorite instagram pic from the week. LOVE the view from my couch :) All the more reason to sit on it instead of doing the millions of other things I should be doing! Follow along here.


Happy Friday people! Linking up with Natasha.


 
jamiedawn said...

i am not ashamed to admit that i have snot and tears running down my face from that puppy video. I CAN'T HANDLE IT! so inspiring! and once i pull myself together, i'll visit your other links :)

Mess of Beautiful Chaos ♥ said...

That 45 lessons article is just what I needed! Love that!

Kokoa Magazine said...

Love these and we can't compare to others because you never know what they went through to get to where they are at. Found your blog through snappee turtle

Aunie said...

ha! jetpacks! that totally made me smile and i wasn't expecting it :) have a great friday!

© g squared. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.